Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Chris Broussard ESPN

Chris Broussard ESPN, Chris  raised eyebrows on Monday during an appearance on ESPN's Outside The Lines. The self-identified Christian reporter called homosexuality "an open rebellion to God" in a discussion about NBA veteran Jason Collins' announcement that he is gay. Broussard is one of ESPN's lead NBA reporters, appearing online and on broadcast.

Monday night, he released a statement on Twitter.

Today on OTL, as part of a larger, wide-ranging discussion on today's news, I offered my personal opinion as it relates to Christianity, a point of view that I have expressed publicly before. I realize that some people disagree with my opinion and I accept and respect that. As has been the case in the past, my beliefs have not and will not impact my ability to report on the NBA. I believe Jason Collins displayed bravery with his announcement today and I have no objection to him or anyone else playing in the NBA.

Broussard has made comments expressing his beliefs regarding homosexuality in the past, yet ESPN invited him to sit in on the OTL discussion on what is billed as a historic day for the NBA and LGBT advocacy. In the Sports Illustrated story that broke the news, Collins also cited his own Christian beliefs.

Chris Broussard ESPN Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: SEO Tool Blogs

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List